About Thermoseal Roof/Metal Wall Wrap
The Bradford Thermoseal range of wall wrap products provide a secondary protective skin to your home which can reduce draughts and help make your home more comfortable.
Thermoseal Reflective foil laminates are pliable, vapour barrier products that can provide an additional R-Value to a building system by using an air cavity (an air void in the building frame) to create an R-Value as part of the total wall construction. The type of wall construction, use of bulk insulation (wall batts) and the required air-gap R-Value from the wall wrap will determine the type of wall wrap that is suitable to the application.
Applications with bulk insulation:
Where the stud frame is filled with bulk insulation making contact with the wall wrap and there is an air cavity (minimum 25mm) between the wall wrap and the external cladding, Thermoseal Wall Wrap XP is recommended. This innovative, patterned outward facing antiglare wall wrap relies upon the air gap between the frame and cladding to produce an air-gap R-Value, allowing the insulation batts to be positioned hard up against the inside face of the wrap. Alternative Thermoseal Roof Metal Wall
Benefits once your house is built
- Protects your home from wind driven rain and dust ingress, creating a secondary protective skin in the event of storm damage to your roof;
- Reduces draughts entering the roof space, allowing insulation to work more effectively which ultimately improves the energy efficiency of your home;
- Contributes a reflective R-Value which improves the overall thermal insulation value of the roof structure when positioned adjacent to an air cavity;
- Provides compliance to BAL bush fire ember attack requirements in accordance AS3959 by providing a secondary form of ember protection for the roof space – all products comply with a flammability index of less than or equal to 5 when tested in accordance with AS1530.2.
Benefits during construction
- Protects the building structure from the elements prior to the application of the roof tiles, which limits water damage to internal structural components;
- Improves on-site work flow efficiency by allowing some internal trades to commence work before the roof tiles are applied.
|Roll Width (mm)||1350|
|Roll Length (m)||
|m2 per roll||81|