About Fibermesh 450 Industrial Rockwool
Bradford Fibermesh 450 is a general purpose industrial insulation for use on process equipment, vessels, tanks and reactors. It is a medium duty thermal and acoustic insulation suitable for continuous operation up to 450C.
Bradford Fibermesh 450 Rockwool is a robust medium density insulation product stitched on one side with a 25mm galvanised or stainless steel wire mesh. The rockwool blanket is manufactured by spinning a molten mixture of natural rock and recycled products into fine wool like fibres which are bonded together using a thermosetting resin. The mesh is then stitched to the base blanket to form the final product. The product can be identified by its dark green/brown appearance.
Fibermesh 450 can be used in applications where operating temperatures do not exceed 450C such as process temperature control, energy conservation, condensation prevention, acoustic absorption treatment and personnel protection for plant and equipment. The mesh facing provides additional strength and flexibility allowing the product to form and hold form around process equipment, ductwork and large diameter piping.
Typical applications include:
- heat exchangers
- autoclaves and large diameter piping
Bradford Fibermesh 450 is easily installed by impaling the batts or blankets on weld pins and securing with speed clips. The mesh joins may be laced together for extra strength if required.
Features and Benefits
- Lightweight highly durable insulation product
- Easily formed to shape of equipment to be insulated
- Does not need other means of fixings (bands, seals)
- Cost effective thermal insulation
- Performance is not adversely effected from contact with water
- Non combustible
- Low chloride content resulting in less corrosion of insulated steel process equipment
- Biosoluble safe to use product
- Made from up to 40% recycled content
|Rolls per pack||1|
|m2 per pack||1.80|